What an amazing group of people we have at SRC Electronics. Currently, our team of 52 employees has an amazing 650+ years of combined electronics experience. Many of these team members have 30 or more years' experience in engineering or assembling some of the most technologically challenging products in the world. From complex back-plane assemblies from companies like Alcatel/Lucent, IBM, Tellabs and Juniper Networks, all the way up to the B1 Bomber, our team brings a knowledge base and skill level that is unparalleled in the electronics industry.
In addition to their previous experience, our production team is trained to the IPC-7711/7721 Rework Standard & the IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies Standard. Our engineering team, to accompany their extensive experience, education and certifications, is set along an internal training/certification path to maximize their career potential
fixed asset investments
- Micro Media Blast (Conformal Coating Removal)
- Dry Ice Blast (Initial Core Cleaning)
- Media Blast (Final Housing Surface Finishing)
- Flex Circuit Enclosure Disassembly
- Potting Removal/Disection
- Complex Enclosure Access
- BGA (Ball Grid Array) Removal & Replacement
- Selective Solder Assembly
- Thermal Cycling Equipment
- X-Ray Imaging
- Endoscopic Imaging (BGA Inspection)
During our New Product Introduction process, the most critical milestone prior to moving forward with our pre-production builds is finalization of the test plan for the product. This drives any needed software and hardware development that will correspond with a reman product. Internally, we have both software and hardware engineers on staff that have significant experience in both development and reverse engineering.
Production Test Process:
Once in production, every part we sell is tested a minimum of four times while at our facility. Because we perform board level repairs to all of our products, we take the extra step of running our assemblies through a temperature profile before sending them onto final functional test.
Our standard test plan is as follows:
- Pre-Test Core - When our core assemblies are received they are pretested prior to going through their final reman process steps. This gives our team some insight on the expectations for required materials and manpower necessary to successfully complete our order fulfillment requirements.
- Cold Soak Test - Once a unit is through it's initial reman processes we soak the unit at -17⁰C for an hour. Once at it's cold temperature, we then test the unit under this condition. We are intentionally stressing any solder repairs we may have conducted during the reman process with the intention of inducing failures before they leave our facility. The temperature testing processes will also help identify failures that may only manifest themselves in the field when the unit is at temperature.
- Hot Soak Test - The same purpose and process as the cold soak but with the temperature at 85⁰C.
- Final Functional Test - This is the final step before our products are issued a label and ready for shipment. Our test software verifies that all previous tests have been completed and passed prior to printing the final product label. This is one last fail safe before our units are sent to our Partners for distribution.