For the precision farmer, Moisture = Money. The combine moisture sensor, or “harvest monitor”, is a device used to measure the moisture content of the crop during the harvesting process.
- Quality issues, arising from Dealer field repair process utilizing an array of service components.
- Cost issues to both the end user farmer and the OE Dealer.
- Reduced revenue to both the farmer and the OE Dealer.
- Ensure the OEM quality of the moisture sensor and warrant with OEM “new” part warranty.
- Lower the average cost to both the farmer and the dealer.
- Raise the average margin to the dealer through a single consolidated product offering.
- Aid in ensuring the farmer revenue is not hindered by the equipment solution.
- Provide an end to end supportable product platform for the OEM.
- Eliminate potential failure modes by consolidating the service components into a singular product offering and ensure “new assembly” quality tolerances and calibrations were in place.
- Streamlined production process and materials sourcing, to ensure product offering is cost competitive.
- Average margin to the OE Dealer is enhanced via singular product, singular price scenario.
- Product is supportable to OEM through Ciona materials management and forecasting.
- Single product offering, utilizing the new production quality standards and calibrations, has eliminated the loss of revenue to the end user farmer.
- Single product offering has lowered the average cost to the farmer and the OE dealer as the service model is now removed.
- Warranty rate on the new units is less than 2%.