SRC Electronics supports our partners through two distinct warranty services: Warranty Analysis and Warranty Mitigation Activities. These services remove the necessary burden and cost of performing warranty analysis from our partners, which allows them to focus valuable resources on their core business, without sacrificing the ability to provide customer feedback and discovering key product improvements.
Analysis actions are primarily geared as an opportunity to enhance new production. If started early in the life-cycle of a product family, our Quality Analysis team can provide vital data and insights to our partners, about potential product failure modes, no problem/trouble found scenarios, and ultimately recommend enhancements to new production.
SRC Electronics is pleased to offer a fully capable warranty analysis service to our valued partners. While lead by our Quality team, we leverage the cross departmental skills, efforts, and experience of our Engineering, Quality and R&D experts. As a result of our Commitment to Quality , Ciona is able to provide our partners a comprehensive view of their warranty returns and product failures.
The information gathered during this process is channeled back to our partners through a collective database, which establishes a baseline of known critical failures.
Of course, when the product life cycle is ready for a Remanufactured Product Offering this data also puts our team in front of the development curve and enables an expedient time to market.
The information collected during the warranty analysis process (outlined below) is documented, tracked by serial number, consolidated into a database, and made available to our partners:
- Initial Inbound Inspection and Grading results
- Functional Test:
- Burn in
- Full functional test
- Load test
- Temperature profiling (hot/cold soak test)
- Ersa Endoscopic Scope for a visual inspection of the solder joints, defects, BGA and other components.
- Glenbrook X-Ray provides a non-destructive inspection of solder joint anomalies, broken circuit traces, and a complete inspection of internal components
- Micro-section destructive analysis of the PCB’s components and solder joints (performed upon customer request)
Typical Warranty Support Options
No OE wants or anticipates the need for a Recall or Product Improvement Program. However, when reality dictates that such a program is warranted, supporting the replacement efforts with new production can be very costly. With electronics in particular, most failures stem from a handful of hardware/software issues. Reman offerings presents an exceptional opportunity to lower the exposure costs related to such warranty events.
Specifically, Reman offers the OE Partner the ability to address significant warranty issues through:
- Targeting specific failure modes from warranty core
- Updating software/firmware issues to the latest revisions
- Bring older hardware revisions up to the latest specifications
- Lower the overall core asset liability through the fulfillment of the warranty program